Pages

Friday 2 June 2017

Weather and Climate Change

Last week we went to the Antarctic center for Literacy. The next week we had to do a description about one of the three choices they where Antarctic Animals History & Explores and last one was Weather and Climate Change that's my choice it was quite hard because there was lots of reading and videos to read and watch I had to do the description for writing and the weather cycle for reading.
Weather and Climate Change
Frosty, snowy, shivery, frozen ,chilly Marshmallow desert. Have you ever wondered if you knew everything about Antarctica? I bet you didn't Because its actually a desert. Antarctica is a continent.   


Your probably wondering why Antarctica is a desert , if you are here's the answer, because it never rains in Antarctica.
How big is Antarctica? It is twice the size of Australia 25% bigger than Europe 14 million km in size is how big it is.   


Antarctica is thick ice like a snow cone, Antarctica is classified as a desert because so little moisture falls from sky. The inner regions of the continent receive an average of 2 inches receive an average of 2 inches (50 millimeters of precipi (50 millimeters) of precipitation primarily in the form of snow each year.

In my opinion its an amazing place but its really cold I would love to go there for a day or two but no longer I think I could not handle any longer.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmine this is Tama from St. Bernadette's school. I really like the way you talked about weather and Climate Change and you show us what it looks like. I think you did well because you had no mistakes at all. Great job. I am looking forward to seeing your next presentation again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jasmine,I am Jaimie from St Bernadette's School.
    I like the way you have made a life cycle on what happens in Antarctica and it was interesting to know that Antarctica is actually a desert.Maybe next time you could add why Antarctica is so cold.Other than that great work looking forward to your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaimie Thank you for commenting on my post.

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.